Money on NARC lets players obtain desired weapons, helps to achieve their role-play goals and makes the gameplay overall more exciting. However, the starting amount of gold each player is provided with is not infinite. The easiest and main way of earning gold are jobs.
Each job (except fishing) has a specific set of tools assigned to it. For instance, only a sledgehammer can be used to mine.
You can obtain the needed tool by buying it from a bot that acts as a shopkeeper/B menu (depends on current server settings) or simply spawning with it.
Most of the tools are placed inside the Tools tab in the Shop menu. Only exception for this are guns, used for bird hunting, found in the “Firearms” tab instead.
Note: Make sure you have at least one free slot in your inventory before you attempt to buy an item or you will not receive it!
- Tools: Sickle [20 gold], scythe [50 gold]
- Money earned: 1 or 2 gold per swing (depends on the map)
- How do I do it? Stand in the field and swing your tool
- Where can I do it? Most often in wheatfields. Custom map 51 aka Cisco’s Wild West uses a cabbage field for farming instead
- Pros: Low amount of gold needed to get started, wheatfields commonly found on maps
- Cons: Relatively low income
- Tools: Hand axe [60 gold], lumberjack axe [90 gold], sapper axe [100 gold]
- Money earned: 3 gold per hit
- How do I do it? Hit a tree with an axe. Note that you can keeping chopping a tree even after it goes down, until it disappears
- Where can I do it? Forests or at lone standing trees
- Pros: High income, trees commonly found on maps
- Cons: Once a tree goes down it does not respawn, making tree chopping a limited source of income
- Tools: Sledgehammer [120 gold]
- Money earned: 0-3/0-5 gold per hit (depends on the map)
- How do I do it? Hit one of the two types of rock pictured below with a sledgehammer
- Where can I do it? Mines, quarries, groups of rocks
- Pros: High income
- Cons: High cost of getting started
- Tools: N/A
- Money earned: 0-16 gold per button use
- How do I do it? Hold F on a “Catch a Fish” button
- Where can I do it? Fishing nets near bodies of water or special indicated places directly on them
- Pros: Free to get started, no tools required
- Cons: Low income
- Tools: Any firearm [100-600 gold]
- Money earned: 50 gold per bird shot
- How do I do it? Shoot birds roaming in the sky
- Where can I do it? Anywhere on the map, wherever there is a bird nearby
- Pros: Very high income
- Cons: Finite number of birds, high risk of missing the shot, and thus wasting ammo
Disclaimer: not all maps have jobs enabled on them; even if they have a corresponding “workplace” placed on them, it does not mean the job will work. Birds can be killed for gold on all maps
Maps with Jobs are (state as of March 12, 2022):
|Job||Farming||Tree chopping||Mining||Fishing||Bird Hunting|
|Custom Map||5, 6, 18, 38, 50, 51, 72, 75, 79, 84, 87, 91||2, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 16, 26, 29, 30, 35, 36, 40, 43, 44, 53, 54, 55, 58, 66, 67, 70, 72, 73, 74, 75, 84, 87, 90, 91||7, 18, 21, 27, 31, 38, 46, 47, 50, 51, 55, 72, 79, 84, 87, 91||5, 6, 7, 18, 21, 31, 38, 50, 55, 75, 84, 87, 91||5, 6, 8, 16, 75, 84, 87, 90|