Campaign Official Discussion

Scandypandy

Scandypandy

Chat here about the NRP Campaign; post suggestions, ideas or generally discuss what you're looking forward to as well as what you'd like to see!

Updates for the Project can be found here.

cinnaman348

I am excited for it, will be marking off my calendar for when it happens. I remember playing the Waterloo Re-enactments before I was an admin and having a lot of fun as a player. It was so cool how there was a narrative and structure to how things went out, but still had the normal NRP players doing what NRP players do and having fun. I am a big roleplayer and think things like this are really something to get behind, especially since I can do it with people I have played with for so long. 

I think slight imbalances in the campaign would be cool. Kinda like how some roleplays aren't always about being balanced as much as they are about having fun (Cav vs Inf). Having groups set up to lose or win and see how it goes might be interesting and a means to incorporate lore and story into the game play without ruining the experience for people. There is a cool lore and story setting set up already, I think it would be really cool of people taking sides and talking about it in the discord or forums of "our team" or recalling what happened or exclaiming what will happen. 

Certain personalities and decisions from interesting players can really change how things develop and it can evolve from the given plot and become an NRP plot made by the players. I think series of campaigns with different focus', not even needing to be in the same timeline or story, could lead to us recording them and having an NRP story of deeds somewhere telling the story of what happened. It would be a neat way for people that might normally not work together or be around each other in game to work as a team with a story. 

Scandypandy

Grand Republique will probably be who I play for when I can tbqh, it's basically if a Revolutionary Republic and Prussia had a lovechild then sent it to kill anglos

10 minutes ago, ✪ SCANDYPANDY ✪ said:

Grand Republique will probably be who I play for when I can tbqh, it's basically if a Revolutionary Republic and Prussia had a lovechild then sent it to kill anglos

I will beat the shit out of your revolution and establish the Republic of Lexxe. Elections held on ruler death.

Chinese_Propaganda
23 minutes ago, Lexxe said:

I will beat the shit out of your revolution and establish the Republic of Lexxe. Elections held on ruler death.

*Faction coups within 10mins 

Scandypandy
1 hour ago, chinkilla said:

this basically pw but nw?

Not really, NRP runs as usual. We'll figure out a system by which territory can be conquered based on what happens in game.

9 hours ago, ✪ SCANDYPANDY ✪ said:

Not really, NRP runs as usual. We'll figure out a system by which territory can be conquered based on what happens in game.

So If i understood, there will be a campaign map, some battle (i guess you'll choose the one who have 100 vs 100 with a lot of regulars players) will be designed as "ranked" battle. So the two teams will represent the teams you built for the campaign (The grande republique etc) and when a team wins, she does make her campaign team gaining territories.

Am I right ?

Scandypandy
59 minutes ago, gokibouri said:

So If i understood, there will be a campaign map, some battle (i guess you'll choose the one who have 100 vs 100 with a lot of regulars players) will be designed as "ranked" battle. So the two teams will represent the teams you built for the campaign (The grande republique etc) and when a team wins, she does make her campaign team gaining territories.

Am I right ?

Basically. We'll need to work out ways to keep it balanced while still fun and dynamic, but we're working on that already.

Im guessing narrative can be controlled by the players actions. So if someone wanted to per say, betray their faction, they could? Or if someone wanted to become King and take control of a faction, and speak their own narrative trough their actions and texts, they can do that?

Chinese_Propaganda
2 hours ago, Lexxe said:

Or if someone wanted to become King

because who would want to become king of the Russian faction I guess hmmmmm

Scandypandy
2 hours ago, Lexxe said:

Im guessing narrative can be controlled by the players actions. So if someone wanted to per say, betray their faction, they could? Or if someone wanted to become King and take control of a faction, and speak their own narrative trough their actions and texts, they can do that?

There will be no official mechanics to support players having impacts on the factions themselves, but rather the narrative will change over time.

Any attempts to disrupt regular play-even when its 100% "narrative" supported-won't be tolerated.

There WILL however be ways in which factions can evolve or change in major or minor ways after a campaign ends, and ways players can push the changes in a certain direction.

Details on this will come soon.

Scandypandy
8 minutes ago, FreyrDS said:

Soooooo can I play cav?

pls

Of course, battles will for the most part seem like normal NRP battles. The factions will have slightly tweaked settings, that is all.

28 minutes ago, ✪ SCANDYPANDY ✪ said:

Of course, battles will for the most part seem like normal NRP battles. The factions will have slightly tweaked settings, that is all.

so can I go around trolling still? :PepeFeelsDabMan: