The reasons the 65thFLB is retiring from the campaign

Dimitry

First of all thanks to Duke, Joe and Chinese for letting us in the event in the first place. Although our experience with NRP had always been negative, the first rounds of the campaign were a blast to being a part of.

However after the last incident we,the officers of the 65th that is, have decided that there is no reason to continue participating. This decision was taken because of 3 main factors which I will briefly go over

1. Abuse and bias in the admin team

I first addressed this in this thread. Although everything was explained about those questionable decisions, this doesnt apply to yesterday's events. For anyone not attending that day, what happened is basically that the CF got denied 2 officer slots at the start of the round for no reason. 2 admins, sneaky and Duke were contacted in the middle of a non live round however according to them they got vetoed by Scandy and Minisiege who chose to continue the round. Minisiege later stated that a CF officer told them we were ready. That was a lie. All officers at the time were present in the voice chat where a massive mic spam had commenced over the officer issue, as such all of them were aware of the situation. The only one not present, Doctor Noob also denied telling any admin. This ''mishap'' caused the CF to lose an entire round which the admins refused to correct or acknowledge.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.fed7b76c575e0ba6d4ed5cda2effd004.png

I would also like to point out that in the first battle El Presidente reset an entire round in the middle, in order to sort out CC officers. This action seems to only be forbidden to non CC players 

Let us also not forget the ridiculous maps which seemed to always give an advantage to the CC. The second to last one was absolutely horrible as it gave the CC a fortified hill position with a total of 5 cannons and 3 howitzers that overlooked the entire map while the CF only had one hill with one mortar that was  bypassed by the enemy's arty height advantage and a town whose walls were transparent to cannonballs. These were issues that arent necessarily abuse but something I will address right below 

2. The stance of the responsible admins

All the issues that have been brought up could have been dealt with a simple reset, an invalidation of a round or a simple side swap. Every such initiative though was denied for no good reason by the acting admins who later reflected blame to Duke and even the regiment itself. Time after time, in both events ''mistakes'' were simply covered up or played down while their effects (again only in CC's favor) remained on the campaign map. 

3.''Meta game'' abuse by the developers

Although I was the only one involved with the dev process from my reg the effects on many decisions impacted the campaign as a whole. This is the only time in this thread I will name the 19th as a cause, as all of the people who tried to push an agenta were from that regiment (the opposite isnt true- many 19ths stayed out however). Presidente vetoed rules and suggestions that would have negative effects to his faction, 19th hordes appeared occasionally to rule out or support opinions by relentless spamming and insulting, and other 19th members attempted to give themselves buffs from the moment they lost the 1st battle (this included: A ban on faction co operation, the GR losing 3 AP for violating a rule which came into effect AFTER they had acted on it, a 3rd CC army spawning, faction leaders being banned and many more). 

I would like to once again give a thank you to people like Duke and Joe who put their heart into the campaign to make it as enjoyable as possible, and a small ''fuck off'' to people like presidente who put their personal gain above the enjoyment of others.

Have a nice day/evening/night.

Edit: was asked to include this as well

image.png.0a53ee737622c8e5f23f581d4cf8faae.png

• Dab 1
  • Nice 1
  • Interesting 2

In all honestly I appreciate the effort put into this post, and the only thing even remotely disappointing is the fact that you guys are leaving. 

Now I've stated solutions to you that could have help avoid this confusion, one of those being your inability to talk to any other admins besides Sneaky on Voice. If you guys had been on our discord, in the voice chat, we could've heard your complaints. The fact that you guys separated yourselves completely worked against you.

CF has had the inability to even recruit players. This is probably also due to the fact that most of CF was the 65th, and they stayed on their own discord.

The Admin team is not rigging the campaign.

We all do our best to try and Admin the server during the events. Yes, the Admin team as a WHOLE made a mistake (We voted in Admin Chat to stop the round and change the map)  We did not realize how unbalanced the map really was. This being said, it's not like we did it to make the CF lose. We as a team, want this campaign to succeed and want everyone in each faction to ENJOY themselves! 

In the future, we as a team will strive to do better to avoid situations like this.

• Dab 2

guys first round i didnt get my officer. 

So some random reg pub took it... split off from the group... went through the lake... with all his men... together with me and sneaky ... then potato shot me

it was actually funnier o watch him than i thought.

I first addressed this in this thread. Although everything was explained about those questionable decisions, this doesnt apply to yesterday's events. For anyone not attending that day, what happened is basically that the CF got denied 2 officer slots at the start of the round for no reason. 2 admins, sneaky and Duke were contacted in the middle of a non live round however according to them they got vetoed by Scandy and Minisiege who chose to continue the round. Minisiege later stated that a CF officer told them we were ready. That was a lie. All officers at the time were present in the voice chat where a massive mic spam had commenced over the officer issue, as such all of them were aware of the situation. The only one not present, Doctor Noob also denied telling any admin. This ''mishap'' caused the CF to lose an entire round which the admins refused to correct or acknowledge.

Your so misguided dimitry. I have no clue why you asked noob if he asked one of us? Because I had no contact with him at all.

I then asked 4 times in the internal admin chat if CF was ready and sneaky told me to start the event which must of meant you had all your officer slots. 

LOGS DOWN BELOW

image.png.d50418f2553a40811dcd19fe1e7a13c1.png

Scandypandy

1. Officer Slots
The issue with the officer slots was cleared up already by myself to you in the discord. None of "us"-those being the people who encouraged Minisiege to reset the round despite CF's apparant lack of officers-did so because:
a) As I said, basically nobody had any idea you were even a part of it. From the start of the event, the lack of presence in the NRP Discord's CF Channels gave everyone the impression that they had basically no officers anyway. I played the entire event and only became aware that your regiment was taking officer slots midway through the final event. We weren't told "The 65th didn't get their slots", just "CF have no officers" which was one of Duke's many mishaps and fuck-ups in that event due to the fact he apparantly had a stressful day.

b) It was the final round of the event and we'd already had a clusterfuck of a reset prior, and several other confused episodes when Duke started a round when nobody was ready or restarted it pointlessly. We were frustrated and wanted to get on with it.

2. The Map
The first map was heavily in CC's favour and chosen by Duke. Take your issues with that up with him.

3. "Responsible Admins"
Theorhetically only 1 admin runs the event, who uses "CAMPAIGN_ADMIN." Other admins-notably Duke-often weighed in or took their own initiative around him in this occasion which caused much, much confusion. Another case of Duke being the one you need to take this up with. There is no "reflecting blame" on Duke. In my opinion he fucked this event up extremely hard, I only avoided saying so at the time due to the fact he seemed stressed and under pressure.

4. "Rigged Faction"
From what I saw, Presidente didn't want rules suggested long ago to be brought in just for the sheer fuck off, likely also because it would fuck his faction over if done so-assuming you mean the attrition rule. On the flipside, he also suggested or allowed things to the detriment of him and his faction.
Addressing each point made here:
a) "BAN ON CO-OPERATION" the ban on alliances is something from the start to prevent the shitshow caused in the last campaign by players taking huge sweeping things into their own hands, such as rebellions and alliances. Blame me for making 3 factions instead of 2 if you like, but them saying "you can't ally" isn't them being corrupt, it's them pointing out that a Faction that is fighting a war of independece against another faction shouldn't be able to ally with it against a 3rd one.
b) GR losing AP for a rule (not sure what this refers to)
c) I believe extra armies were spawned to deter the alliances above by making people under pressure? Not sure on this one either.

I know you fucking despise Presidente Dimitry but a lot of your points here are moot.
You and your regiment didn't use the NRP discord and relied largely on people who simply weren't running the event to convey the fact that you were even a part of it, which they evidently failed to do adequately.
What can be chalked up to a simple lapse in communication and dreadful performance by Duke due to extrernal stress on the day has now erupted into melodrama the likes of which I haven't seen in a long time.

I do not take the time to post much anymore but I can not and will not sit here and have you attack the Campaign as a whole just because you believe Presidente and his faggy regiment have some big massive conspiracy to ruin it for everyone.

I think it's a real shame that your regiment are deciding to bin it all out your spite for 1 mildly autistic yorkshireman but Presidente isn't some big evil fiend and has had ample opportunity to fuck everyone for his own personal gain for about 2 years now, and on 0 occasions has he done so. Every single time he puts the server as a whole before himself.

tl;dr-
This was a failure in communications, not helped by the fact that you and your regiment hid away in another discord giving everyone the impression that CF was a dead faction before the event even started. But thanks very much for now making the life of those running the campaign even harder as they scramble to settle the inevitable unrest that will come as a result of this drivel.

Just call Presidente a blithering retard and move on with your day instead of all this shite.

• Dab 1
  • Interesting 1

23 hours ago, WaterPolo said:

Now I've stated solutions to you that could have help avoid this confusion, one of those being your inability to talk to any other admins besides Sneaky on Voice. If you guys had been on our discord, in the voice chat, we could've heard your complaints. The fact that you guys separated yourselves completely worked against you.

23 hours ago, Retired Scandy said:

As I said, basically nobody had any idea you were even a part of it. From the start of the event, the lack of presence in the NRP Discord's CF Channels gave everyone the impression that they had basically no officers anyway. I played the entire event and only became aware that your regiment was taking officer slots midway through the final event. We weren't told "The 65th didn't get their slots", just "CF have no officers" which was one of Duke's many mishaps and fuck-ups in that event due to the fact he apparantly had a stressful day.

The discord thing seems to be flung around as a way to reflect blame unto us for what happened. During the incident, as previously mentioned, I talked to 2 campaign admins one of which was on voice chat , as such I actually notified you about the incident earlier than I could have done by being in the NRP discord. Also even if we were on the NRP discord, communication with the admins was impossible as it's forbidden to change voice channels  between factions. The ''we didnt know CF had any officers'' is understandable although I would have expected the admins to have a rough idea of who would play as officer, essential as that is for the battles and given that we released a list of officers half an hour before the battle started. So even if that wasn't an instance of abuse the responsibility still fell into the admins who later refused to fix the issue of the broken map and the officer mishap. Despite our complaints the CC still got away with a complete victory not by competence or fair play but by unbalanced maps and unfair admin decisions.

As Polo mentioned later however although moving the officers to our own discord seems like a good idea (moving 5 people is easier than a whole reg) and despite only there being 2 active players at most, it was a bad idea on principal as we excluded unknowing all CF casual players something that I apologize for.

I also want to make it clear that when Im referring to the admin team, I mean the active ones at the time aka scandy, mini, duke and panda not the entirety of the admin team.

23 hours ago, MiniSiege said:

I then asked 4 times in the internal admin chat if CF was ready and sneaky told me to start the event which must of meant you had all your officer slots. 

LOGS DOWN BELOW

image.png.d50418f2553a40811dcd19fe1e7a13c1.png

@Sneakypanda reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

The first map was heavily in CC's favour and chosen by Duke. Take your issues with that up with him.

Im not protesting the fact that the map was chosen but that it continued to be used long after it was evident that it was as unbalanced as it possibly could be.

There is no "reflecting blame" on Duke. In my opinion he fucked this event up extremely hard, I only avoided saying so at the time due to the fact he seemed stressed and under pressure.

Spoiler

*Removed since we'd prefer not to get TaleWorlded*a
we asked for a abalnced map
wtf
they got 5 cannons
we got 0
they got a fucking hill

[Sunday 10:10 PM]
Equinimity (Duke):
    this map is supposedly balanced - you have arty on a hill to and i told you not to go fort in chat

[...]

[Sunday 10:21 PM]
Mememitry:
    5 cannons
    even if we hide we get raped
    like cmon

[Sunday 10:22 PM]
Equinimity (Duke):
    i will admit this is map is worse than i though

Mememitry:
    cant you switch sides or sth

Equinimity (Duke):
    the next map should be good though
    i checked that one myself

[Sunday 10:23 PM]
Mememitry:
    just chage it noe
    no way we are fighting again on this
    limit the damage

Equinimity (Duke):
    and have the admins shit on me for being retarded

Mememitry:
    Well I hate to say this but its your faut this happened in the first place

Equinimity (Duke):
    ye
    im discussing with the other admins
    they dont want to change it

[...]

[Sunday 10:42 PM]
Equinimity (Duke):
    Minisiege "i can't do shit now"
    "im sorry"

[Sunday 10:42 PM]
Mememitry:
    make the round invalid
    20 payers are with no officer
    Doit and give the blame to me
    idc
    just ficking invalidate it

[Sunday 10:43 PM]
Equinimity (Duke):
    i can't
    scandy and mini both don't want to

Although duke was certainly was at fault, which he apologized for, the ultimate decision was taken by the other admins.

Presidente didn't want rules suggested long ago to be brought in just for the sheer fuck off, likely also because it would fuck his faction over if done so-assuming you mean the attrition rule. On the flipside, he also suggested or allowed things to the detriment of him and his faction.

Except when he made the suggestion to add a replenishment system citing that it was important to make changes as to keep the campaign balance while he at the same time rejected other proposals on the basis that we needed to keep the campaign simple. Thats the definition of a double standard I believe.

b) GR losing AP for a rule (not sure what this refers to)

On the aftermath of the first battle Duke decided to place a rule to forbid faction leaders helping other factions. He then used that rule to deduct 3 AP from the french army to punish them, something that Pres valiantly defended on no real logical basis. The decision was reversed after a lot of spam and arguing and replaced by a simple warning.

c) I believe extra armies were spawned to deter the alliances above by making people under pressure? Not sure on this one either.

A 19th member (I'd better not name people for no reason) suggested giving the CC a 3rd army in response to the ''teaming'' that was happening, above all the buffs and GR's punishment.

Presidente isn't some big evil fiend and has had ample opportunity to fuck everyone for his own personal gain for about 2 years now, and on 0 occasions has he done so. Every single time he puts the server as a whole before himself.

Although this was exaggerated here, objectively, pres's actions have been enough for me to deduce he works 90% for himself or for the advancement of his regiment. I have evidence of pres abusing his power in the discord for this exact reason and pretty much everything advocated in the campaign dev channel had a positive effect on the CC. Again,you could claim  that those were just a coincidence, but due to the sheer amount of improbability that has, I will  just apply Occam's razor and say it's MUCH more likely that Pres was biased ,than that his suggestions impacted the campaign in such a positive way for the CC by luck.

Im making this post not to make more drama but to clear out some things I think got misunderstood. Drama is as exhausting to me as to anyone else here and I wish to not provoke it when I can. 

Many of the above things were also discussed briefly on the NRP VC. I understand where Scandy's and many more people are coming from. I dont wish to argue about what happened here, just to share why I - and by extension most of the 65th officers- chose to abandon it so abruptly.

• Dab 1