Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Dimitry

Small complaint concerning the management of today's battle

Recommended Posts

First of all I want to thank you all for setting up, and running this campaign, and especially for inviting our regiment in it. All of the lads who managed to attend are quite satisfied and eagerly await the next battle.

 

However there were some... questionable decisions made by the admin team and given that all were in favor of the CC the consensus among both the players and many admins that I asked, is that these were blatant abuses of the admin given to CC players. Although I personally share that view, I wont be quick to point fingers.

 

The incidents that Im referring to are 2:

  • On the 2nd round of the 1st map, the CF arty managed to hit a lucky shot and kill 3-4 19th players. El Presidente immediately reset the map providing no reason and refusing to answer the chat spam asking him about it.
  • On the 2nd round of the 2nd map, Minisiege said he would call an all charge at 42... while the round being forced in a stalemate by 48. All of the people I asked including high level campaign management who probably, and understandably wont want to see their names in this post, agreed this was abuse for the reason that it forced the CF to sally out ending the round. Normally, as seen by previous rounds, all charge is given at about 48-46 to end the stalemate, in this case however it was used as to keep the CC arty shooting. Others speculate that it was to force the 65th off the battle by delaying the end of the round while it was made known we would have to leave after 21:00. 

 

Let me clarify that this is not a report, but rather a complaint. I would suggest placing certain rules such as a fixed all charge time, or an obligatory reason for every reset as for no one to be able to question the admin's commands. 

 

Again, thanks to the admin team for otherwise keeping the running of a 200 pop server smooth and entertaining. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reset was to fix CC officers, this should have been clarified in internal chat to other admins and to other players via purple admin chat, the reset itself was somewhat valid but definitely should have been clarified more.
I agree that the all charge message on the 2nd map was a bit eh, but it true the 65th chose to sally out knowing that they didn't need to for another 6 minutes, while i agree that to a certain extent the side with far fewer members shouldn't really be forced into an all charge the confederation did attack before the all charge was officially given.
On your point about having a fixed all charge time, I am afraid i must disagree, a round on NRP can last anywhere from 2-30 minutes purely based on circumstance, and to force an all charge even when the round conditions presented are incredibly unfavourable to such a decision wouldn't be in the best interests of the round imo.

Just to conclude, I agree that the reason for the reset should have been clarified, and that there wasn't really a need to post something regarding an all charge 6 minutes before the all charge was actually planned to be issued, but once again the 65th and the rest of the confederation soldiers did choose to sally out of their fort before the all charge was enforced, and I also disagree that there should be a fixed all charge time as it reduces the available round options and outcomes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Although the reason for the reset was only made clear after writing the OP, I still insist that the all charge order was abuse. Let me elaborate 

 

The all charge is a very powerful order, as it changes the way the battle works at its last minutes. For example an arty team on the edge of the map has a very good chance of beating a small line, but not during all charge. This is why in reasonably competitive settings you can see people arguing about it all the time. 

 

In this case the CF was pinned inside a fort and was bombarded by arty with neither of the sides wanting to commit to a push. Normally, this would be resolved with an all charge, which would end the round quickly. What minisiege did in this case is prolong the round for no good reason (hence why I framed this as abuse and not as  a mistake) giving the enemy arty 6 full minutes of uninterrupted barrage and therefore giving the CC every possible advantage. The reason we charged is that we thought it would be better to just end the round quickly rather than wait 6 minutes for the admins to finally decide "OK they are shelled enough I reckon you can actually play the game now" 

 

Edited by Dimitry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

On the 2nd round of the 2nd map, Minisiege said he would call an all charge at 42... while the round being forced in a stalemate by 48. All of the people I asked including high level campaign management who probably, and understandably wont want to see their names in this post, agreed this was abuse for the reason that it forced the CF to sally out ending the round. Normally, as seen by previous rounds, all charge is given at about 48-46 to end the stalemate, in this case however it was used as to keep the CC arty shooting. Others speculate that it was to force the 65th off the battle by delaying the end of the round while it was made known we would have to leave after 21:00. 

 

As we talked in the staff quarters, we agreed that all the all charges we had called where justified. The reason I called it for 42 was because the whole both teams where camping and was not moving for a good 4 mins. WHILE I did call that, that did not force you to run out and get yourself killed due to be calling it at 52:00 so you had enough chance to still camp you way around the battle. 

 

Also you never even reached that time zone for the all charge to happen. As I was told in the the event has nothing to do with any of the NRP rules nor what have to follow the all charge layout of 50 players below to call it due to the reasons above. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Dimitry said:

Although the reason for the reset was only made clear after writing the OP, I still insist that the all charge order was abuse. Let me elaborate 

 

The all charge is a very powerful order, as it changes the way the battle works at its last minutes. For example an arty team on the edge of the map has a very good chance of beating a small line, but not during all charge. This is why in reasonably competitive settings you can see people arguing about it all the time. 

 

In this case the CF was pinned inside a fort and was bombarded by arty with neither of the sides wanting to commit to a push. Normally, this would be resolved with an all charge, which would end the round quickly. What minisiege did in this case is prolong the round for no good reason (hence why I framed this as abuse and not as  a mistake) giving the enemy arty 6 full minutes of uninterrupted barrage and therefore giving the CC every possible advantage. The reason we charged is that we thought it would be better to just end the round quickly rather than wait 6 minutes for the admins to finally decide "OK they are shelled enough I reckon you can actually play the game now" 

 

I also strongly disagree with you calling it abuse. There was no abuse called at all. I gave you all enough time to be able to still camp but it seems to all the CF they charge out of the fort.  I never gave anyone possible advantage at all you all had the even side of me and the all charge was just fine. 

 

Quote

The all charge is a very powerful order, as it changes the way the battle works at its last minutes. For example an arty team on the edge of the map has a very good chance of beating a small line, but not during all charge. This is why in reasonably competitive settings you can see people arguing about it all the time. 

Yes that's true that the all charge is a very powerful order. But when a admin calls it. it is all for a good reason not to just piss off players and make a big drama seen for them. It's actual to move the game along when needed and to stop people camping the whole game. If we never call a all charge the game would be going on for 5 hours. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think one thing-which I believed MiniSiege also stated in internal chat during the battle-was that the consensus on the rules of the battle were very muddled amongst basically everyone involved. The best example being the stance on artillery which many people seem confused about (or just outright ignored).
I also think some admins were scared to punish much for fear of backlash from passionate campaign players.

A very clear layout of the rules for a battle prior to its beginning which is advertised pre-battle to each faction might help, as it can be used as a callback for admins when they bring the hammer down. I also believe that-if the number of staff present allows it-only admins who aren't a member of either of the factions in a battle should be allowed to admin it, ideally. I like the idea of the campaign admins not using the username and instead using "Campaign_Admin" to avoid aforementioned backlash.

I thought the event went great but Siege certainly had his hands full.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Retired Scandy said:

I think one thing-which I believed MiniSiege also stated in internal chat during the battle-was that the consensus on the rules of the battle were very muddled amongst basically everyone involved. The best example being the stance on artillery which many people seem confused about (or just outright ignored).
I also think some admins were scared to punish much for fear of backlash from passionate campaign players.

A very clear layout of the rules for a battle prior to its beginning which is advertised pre-battle to each faction might help, as it can be used as a callback for admins when they bring the hammer down. I also believe that-if the number of staff present allows it-only admins who aren't a member of either of the factions in a battle should be allowed to admin it, ideally. I like the idea of the campaign admins not using the username and instead using "Campaign_Admin" to avoid aforementioned backlash.

I thought the event went great but Siege certainly had his hands full.

Yes the rules where all over the place today, But that was due to the map so some rules had to be changed to keep the balance.

 

I also used the name Campaign_Admin due to I feel like people would listen to me much more with a name like that and understand that I have no biased approach to any faction and yes i would like to have a clear layout of the rules before the event starts next time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2018 at 11:25 AM, MiniSiege said:

 

As we talked in the staff quarters, we agreed that all the all charges we had called where justified. The reason I called it for 42 was because the whole both teams where camping and was not moving for a good 4 mins. WHILE I did call that, that did not force you to run out and get yourself killed due to be calling it at 52:00 so you had enough chance to still camp you way around the battle. 

 

Also you never even reached that time zone for the all charge to happen. As I was told in the the event has nothing to do with any of the NRP rules nor what have to follow the all charge layout of 50 players below to call it due to the reasons above. 

 

 

If you wanted to end the round quickly why didn't you call the all charge the moment a stalemate was certain? By 47:00 it was clear that neither of the sides were going to commit to an assault, and the round had being going for 13 minutes straight. What I question is not the fact that you called an all charge, it was that you for whatever reason chose to do it extremely late, so late in fact it forced us to sally out so the round would actually end because as I mentioned, event times.

 

Unless there was a rule prohibiting you from calling it earlier I see no reason why 42:00 was chosen as the all charge other than purposefully delaying the round possibly in order for it to go in favor of the CC.

 

(Btw let me make it clear that I dont blame our defeat in this incident. The wound was 30 vs 60 and we were in a bad position so it was unlikely we were going to oull anything off. Your command however which was criticized by a big part of the management team  sealed the fate of the round in the most cheesy and unfun way possible).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×