goose

Weakest Countries In History

This can range from worst at fighting wars, most unstable countries, least liked, etc. The countries can also be kingdoms, republics, empires, etc. from the past, not just the present.

1 hour ago, gokibouri said:

Actually costa rica dont need a military since they are protected by USA. We can also say Iceland dont haves an army. But personnaly, i feel invading iceland is really hard, see how strong are men in this country

Strength has nothing to do with war anymore.

Iceland is gone with 1 drone strike.

This board is for historical discussion, not dick-measuring between countries. The discussion is one which can potentially be valid but anyone attempting to turn it into faggy country-peen measuring gets their posts deleted.

I'd imagine it depends on the timeframe. Pretty hard to say who the overall weakest was because at different times different countries were capable of very different things.

I don't think it all depends on size, and I'm also not only talking about military. Im also talking about unstable governments, debt, bad economy, etc.

Also to add onto it doesn't all mater about size of the military, sure if you have a tiny force thats poorly equipped it can't do much, but take Finland for example. They don't have a huge military but they fought pretty well.

On 05/02/2018 at 0:04 AM, Pew Pew You're Dead said:

Ireland.

Probably was up there as one of the weakest from the end of the WOI till about the late 30s, in terms of European nations anyway. Then again, that's what centuries of utterly inept rule from England followed by a successful rebellion and a brutal civil war will get you.

As a "nation" however Ireland only existed arguably once in history. Despite being socially and culturally united longer than almost anywhere in western europe, the nation/kingdom/country "Ireland" otherwise never came to be. During the time in which Ireland was considered to exist as a nation, it lead an incredibly successful campaign against the Norse invaders. It was the succession crisis following this which then splintered the clans once more and fractured what was a very powerful and progressive "nation" in its own right.

Not that any post by Pew regarding history should be taken seriously, as it has been many times established that he has absolutely no idea about anything.

But hey, you got me to reply! There's a good boy.