NW Update Discussion

Scandypandy

Scandypandy

Napoleonic Wars has updated. Here is a link to the update announcement, and below is a list of features.
The link below is a link to all bugfixes and minor changes, while all major changes are in this thread.
Here you can ask about how these will affect NRP, or give suggesitons.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/mb_warband#announcements/detail/1654378539078999131

New Features
- Welcome message will be displayed when joining a server. The default message will display the id of the user.
- Commander battle now has musicians that play music and flag bearers.
- The server now logs when someone was teamwounded or their horse was teamwounded or teamkilled.
- A revive and respawn option was added for server admins.
- God mode was added. It makes you invincible and run faster.
- There is now a 2 second long restriction on how fast players can construct sapper props.
- A suicide button was added to the ESC menu.
- Added a a group fight mode.
- Added option to disable damage when player is to far away from squad in commander battle.
- Custom maps are now selectable in the admin panel. Server owners can choose how many maps people can vote on or amdins can select.
- The # of custom maps available is now 100 instead of 20!
- Admins can now limit how many people can play as artillery train.
- Admins can now limit line infantry from spreading in commander battles. They can only close in or spread back to the starting spacing.
- The server now logs when the map or round was changed.
- Artillery Guards were added. They have the same stats as a ranker, but only spawn with a bayonet, ammo, and sword.
- Added the ability for admins to have custom polls.
- Added a few new scene props like a pyramid and coconuts, palm trees, lilys and cattail.
- Added new usable sceneprops for spawning items/horses or cannons.
- For server owners added a lot more options: Custom buttons, custom chat, also custom usable scene props which server owners can make visible to clients.
- Added the ability for servers to define their own map names (in strings.txt) and it gets synced with players and admins.
- Added the ability to add custom flag names for your own conquest maps.
- Added teleporting door props for mappers to use.
- Added that server owners can add the CD Key Id's of their admins to their server console or server config file and they automatically get admin.
- Added the setting "competitive scoring". On map reset, scores don't get reset, when being teamkilled, it does not change the KD ratio.
- Added a system for mappers to define fog color on their maps.
- Bonuses now work in commander battle and bots provide bonuses when playing as the right class.
- Rewrote most of the explosion and other destruction scripts, blowing up the whole map will not cause huge lagspikes anymore.
- Reduced the server cpu usage overall to increase performance with high player count servers.
- Increased FPS across the board in all maps.
- Artillery horses don't run away anymore even when hit, normal horses also don't run away anymore, but do when hit.
- Added the "Rheinund" as a new faction to the game.
- Added a new musket.
- Added a usable bandage.
- Added a usable surgeon class.
- Added a King of the Hill gamemode.s
- Added one new map.

Scandypandy
1 minute ago, Penis Inspector said:

I only have one queston : Why ?

No idea, but we gotta werk with it.

New faction Rehinbund) seems neat.

20180117125640_1.thumb.jpg.a9015fe01db48052b5d80505f928ad79.jpg

Just now, ✪ SCANDYPANDY ✪ said:

No idea, but we gotta werk with it.

New faction Rehinbund) seems neat.

20180117125640_1.thumb.jpg.a9015fe01db48052b5d80505f928ad79.jpg

sexy as fuck my boys, seems like a good update needed a update. 

Private_Lenny

New faction uniforms are so good that people will be trying to get to Rhein as much as they try to avoid the partizani team in an RP.

cinnaman348
8 minutes ago, ✪ SCANDYPANDY ✪ said:

- A revive and respawn option was added for server admins.

If that means I can be dead and spawn in at anytime so I can talk to somebody that needs help that would be pretty useful to me so I don't have to wait until the next round to spawn in and try to say something, then go back to spec. Also the revive part, would that be for hostage rp so instead of having to restart the whole round cause somebody trolled and killed him, you can just revive him? Would like to see how it worked, both parts seem cool. 

Also allowing arty train limits would be interesting. Wonder how the AOE around the officer will work. Even not getting a worse score when team killed is nice. I am not going to question an update, just excited really. 

Private_Lenny
4 minutes ago, cinnaman348 said:

Also allowing arty train limits would be interesting. Wonder how the AOE around the officer will work. Even not getting a worse score when team killed is nice. I am not going to question an update, just excited really. 

Mmmm Arty trains. Get ready for artytrains vs artytrains rp.

DearUncleSam
1 hour ago, Penis Inspector said:

I only have one queston : Why ?

Actually Flying Squirrel (devs of NW) developed a game about American Civil War (Battle Cry of Freedom) back in 2015. There were no news about this game since then. Now they patched NW, maybe to bring attention to new announcement about BCoF. Also for Rhein there was no need to make voice acting, so making this new faction is not a big deal.

Also check this sexy uniform. I love it!

48700_screenshots_20180117182247_1.jpg

These are seriously awesome. The NW devs are back!!!

The Musicians and the flag bearers in the commander battle is seriously a great touch. NRP commander will definitely be #1 because of that.

The team kill log will be slammed with non-live tk’s but is an extremely essential which will help a lot of the Admins.

God mode is a little crazy but will definitely make enstill fear into the players :D

Suicide option is probably my favorite. It’ll help delaying situations where players can’t kill themselves when there’s no water around. It’ll help prevent long running simulator rounds where one person has to run forever to get killed during a clutch lol. ( you could always kill yourself by going to spectator but then you risk losing your spot and also some people are just too dumb for that kinda thinking lol)

The ability to change map names is literally ground breaking. It’ll help newb admins stop switching maps over and over to find the right one, when they can’t remmeber. That will seriously improve the opinion of an Admin by a player drug the game. (People get irritated if the Admin changes the map more than once in a row)

The revive option is really great. Especially when an Admin is communicating with the chat and doesn’t need to do it in Admin chat. (Answering simple questions that doesnt require  the entire server to read)

Despite me being a twat last year, I’ve got nothing but great hopes and compliments  for this server. It’s changed so drastically under Scandys rule, and for the better.

2C1E5295-F822-4FC9-8BA9-539DE21FB281.jpeg

So since most people's games will have started to update to Version 1.2, will the NRP server be updating? Presently I can't play it because the server is still living in the boring, Rheinbund-free past.

Scandypandy

Server updated and hit 200 players within like half an hour lmao

So surgeons follow regular infantry rules, no ramboing etc. We'll see if any more implications come with the update as time goes on.

Great_Leader_Angela_Merkel <3

- Non artillery classes can no longer unlimber artillery.

i only know19th (Elis)for abusing dat but  still, it was a useful bug (for tryhard regs)

- You can no longer have infinite ammo with artillery.

rip favourite bug, gave me 4 sec per reload less :((

- Swivel cannons should no longer fall into objects. 

used to use dis bug in order to glitch into props so I could hide from cav etc 

they removed most of the bugs I've been abusing :(

- Canister rounds now fire more horizontally and less vertically.

atleast this is useful

I had these custom units that looked really good and I spent hours on, but then this update broke it.

I wanna grab a NW developer by the ballsack and smash it on a table.

Since the update's arrival, NRP has been hitting full capacity and I've been on the server in most active hours almost every day since the update. And sadly noticed that, there is lack of admins' activity. Only a few admins that I can count came to the server to admin in these days. Of course you might have acceptable reasons that kept you from being active, I understand that. But when the active admins called for another admin or wanted some helping hand via tagging in Discord, I could see that via Steam and Discord some staff members didn't even care and continued playing other games than Mount&Blade. Sure thing you don't have to always admin the server, but at least do something that you applied for. I just want staff members to show more activity on the server.

cinnaman348
3 hours ago, Gay_ningaja said:

>Makes a thread about activity

>Goes inactive in a week

He is on hiatus until the summer for his schooling, not inactive.